A Florida woman made the biggest mistake of her life when she accidentally glued her eyelids shut. The woman had mistaken super glue for eye drops, which ultimately resulted in her eyes being glued shut for several days.

Katherine Gaydos said the devastating situation happened when a small piece of debris flew into her eyes while outside with a friend who was using a leaf blower. Gaydos said she felt something fly into her eye and she immediately asked someone to find her some eye drops. The only problem is that person picked up super glue instead of eye drops. When she put what she thought were eye drops in her eye, she felt a burning sensation.

“Something blew into my eye and I screamed for someone else to get eye drops out of my purse and they brought super glue. As soon as I felt it in my eye I felt it burn and I closed my eye and screamed ‘Call 911.'”

Gaydos went to the doctor who gave her antibiotics and ointment. The doctor, however, refused to give her any treatment or help her get her eye open unless she paid him. “He was talking about doing surgery to try and save my eye, but now I don’t know what to do — I don’t have a job, no insurance or any money.”

Luckily she found another doctor that was willing to help get her open. Gaydos hopes to never make the mistake again.

“It was the same office, but a different doctor. He put Lidocaine above and below my eye and just pulled on it until it finally opened. He said I should get my sight back, and not have permanent damage.”